Sunday, September 5, 2021

ACOWAR

Do people refer to the sequels by the acronym as well?  I'm not even sure, but ACOWAR sounds pretty amusing in my head.  Especially with some of the content of this book!  (If you know, you know.)  Anyway, enough of my antics...  This book was SO good and I just can't even with myself for sleeping on this series for so long!  I'm on a waiting list for the next book, but in the meantime,  here's my review for book 3 in the ACOTAR series!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas

I found myself more intrigued with this book than the previous two.  Not that they weren't good, but I think I really was held more captivated in this book and on the edge of my seat.  The things Feyre and Rhysand have to go through and what they must endure is a lot to take in.  There's also quite a bit of sacrifice here.


One thing that really sticks out to me in this book, and possibly it's because of bits and pieces I've picked up from BookTok, but I find it incredibly amazing how supportive that Rhysand is, even when he is also super protective of everyone around him...especially Feyre.  He still wants her to be involved and make her own choices and be strong in her own ways.  He's just the kind of guy you would want, or if you already have that type of guy (like I do,) he's the type of soulmate you would want for your children.


My heart broke and broke repeatedly in this book.  There were times where it was put back together and times that I don't know yet if it will recover.  I love that amidst all the action and plotting and war in this book, there are also very real emotions as well. 


I definitely feel like I had been missing out on this series, and I'm so thankful for BookTok bringing it more attention.  That being said, fans of the first two books, or fans of fantasy romance or Fae books in general will probably love this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment