Sunday, September 5, 2021

Scorned Women Society

I love the BookTok community so much!  This place has opened me up to new authors, new reading friends and I get book mail, y'all!  So, this book, along with the two others in the series were sent to me by the author and they are even signed!  Much love to Piper Sheldon for spoiling me like that.  I also really loved the book and am well on my way to finishing book two!  The following is my review for book one in the Scorned Women Society series!

************

My Bare Lady by Piper Sheldon

I "met" this author on TikTok and she was generous enough to send me a few of her books to read!  I fell in love with the covers, let me tell you!  Of course, it's the inside you want to hear about.  


I was not disappointed.  This book started off strong and just got better as I turned the pages.  One thing I truly love is when an author tells you a song title and artist in their story so you can go listen as you read and feel as if you are there.  I got that a few times with this book and was so happy (and I got some new songs to add to various playlists on my Spotify!)  In addition to the musical descriptions, the author describes people and places in a manner that lets the reader truly see what she's seeing but not in a way that makes it dull to read.


I'm a sucker for a romance in which neither of them realizes how the other feels, that's what we get with this couple.  Each is afraid, in their own way, to truly let loose and let someone in that deep.  I also love how great the supporting characters are and I'm sure to love each tale of the Scorned Women Society as much as this first one.


Thanks again to the author for sharing her creations with me, I've already begun reading The Treble with Men and am hooked again!

No comments:

Post a Comment