Friday, September 17, 2021

Piper Sheldon

I've been reading the Pipers lately, I guess!  I am so thankful that Ms. Sheldon sent me copies of her books to read.  I'm enjoying them immensely.  I hadn't ever read a book by her before and I'm seeing how big of a mistake that was.  I'm adoring these books and the characters in them.  I'm going to be very sad when the series is over.  The second book was SO good that I immediately began reading the third in the series when I finished.  (So glad I was able to do that due to the generosity of the author.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Treble With Men by Piper Sheldon

I think I liked this second book in the Scorned Women's Society even better than the first, (And I LOVED the first!)  After reading, through a TikTok made by the author, I finally saw how it was inspired by Phantom of the Opera.  I have to admit that I feel foolish for not seeing it before that, but also it made me love it even more.


Both of the main characters in this book have a history that has altered how they behave in front of people.  It's this similarity that I think makes them perfect for each other.  I also love how part of their history is shared.  It almost gives it that second chance romance feel, which I happen to love.


Since this is book two in a series, I have to mention that I love the group of friends in the SWC and I love that we get to basically see an update on the characters in book one.  (If you haven't read it, please do!  They can be read as stand alone but are so much better in order!)  This group of women are all about reclaiming their power, each in their own way and for their own reasons, but reclaiming it all the same through the love and support of each other.  And while there is a romance in each book, I love that the women seem stronger on their own accord and not because of a man or a relationship.


One thing that really stood out to me in this book, is that our mistakes do not get to define us, nor determine our future.  We are able to move past them, learn from them and become better people because of them, but we do not have to continuously punish ourselves for mistakes we've made in our pasts.  It's imperative that we move forward from them.


I have loved these books so much, and have already begun reading book three in the series.  I encourage anyone who loves a good romance with some spice, anyone who loves women reclaiming their power, and anyone who is a fan of Piper Sheldon, to go out and get these books and get reading them!  You won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment