Friday, September 10, 2021

Hate Doing It!

I absolutely HATE leaving less than a 4 star review.  I hate it, but I also really want to be honest with how I felt about what I read.  This book could have been better and I wanted my review to reflect the things I thought needed work.  But I still end up with this overwhelming sense of guilt for leaving anything negative that the author might see.  Let me know what you think, guys, was this worded ok?  Could I have done better with this review?

*******************

Every Breath You Take by Blair Babylon

I'm giving this book 3 stars, simply based on the length of time for me to get into the story.  By the time I was truly invested, the book was almost over.  There were several times I considered setting it aside and trying to come back to it later.


That being said, I'm glad I sort of powered through because at the end, I WAS invested and now I really want to read the rest of the series and see what's in store for Georgie and Alex!  I just wish a bit more background into Georgie's past was included with this book, or that it was a bit easier to understand what was happening.


One thing is, I did like the writing style.  There was a lot of descriptive language that kind of pulled you in and allowed you to really "see" what was going on.  I could definitely see myself really enjoying other books by this author, and the rest of this series especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment