Monday, February 14, 2022

Book Two, better Narration!

I absolutely loved this book and am loving this series.  If you haven't checked it out, I think it's a must.  The first one in the series had a narrator that put me off, but this one did not and that helped me love it even more!  It's amazing how something like that can make or break a book.  

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Bride Test by Helen Hoang 

After reading The Kiss Quotient, I was eager to get started on The Bride Test.  I was hoping that the series would follow the original couple, but at the end of book one it became obvious it would not.  But I have to say how incredibly happy I was to learn that the story was about Khai!  I was intrigued with the mention of him in the first book, so I was eager to learn more about him and I loved getting another story with a neurodivergent love interest.  In addition to the fascinating and lovable character of Khai, is Esme whom Khai's mom finds to match him with and she is endearing in her own way.  I love how she has such ambition and goals and is willing to work hard to attain them.  With such great characters, it's no surprise that I was drawn into the story right away and couldn't get enough.  I also loved that there were some appearances from the people in the first book, so we kind of get a peek into their lives.  At the end of the book, there's even a little hint as to who will be in the third book, which I can't wait to read.


This author is definitely someone to look out for.  Her writing is amazing and I love the different cultures and diversity that she includes.

No comments:

Post a Comment