Monday, February 21, 2022

Parent Trap-esque Found Family

Another random audio book picked out by simply scrolling through what was available on the Libby app.  I'm so glad I read it though, it was just what I needed.  It was unique and different than anything I'd read recently.  I found myself super engaged and I love it when that happens to me when reading a book.  What's the last book that had you feeling that way?

***************

You Have a Match by Emma Lord

This was a very unique spin on a sort of Parent Trap situation.  Involving found family, secrets hidden, and best friends torn apart, this story was way more than I bargained for when I checked it out from my Libby app.


I was expecting a young adult romance, and while there is a bit of that going on, it's very secondary to the main story of found siblings.  I love that the sister relationship and the parent's backstory is the main focus of the book and the teen romance is in the background.  I also love that while there are obviously the two siblings as the main characters, there is so much depth given to the surrounding characters.


I also liked, that just like in the Parent Trap stories, the book is mainly set in a summer camp.  It gave me very nostalgic feelings.  I love the Parent Trap movies and while, again, this take on that type of a story was VASTLY different, I did enjoy the feel of the similarities.


If you enjoy found family, young adult contemporary, and summer camp vibes, you're going to love this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment