Saturday, February 5, 2022

Travel to Greece!

When I read on my Nook or Kindle, and it's not because I've specifically purchased a new book, I usually just scroll through all the freebies I've downloaded and pick one that looks good in the moment.  This time, on my Nook, I chose Seven Days of Friday.  As you'll see from my review, it took a bit for me to get into it.  Because of this, it took me nearly a month to read it.  Don't get discouraged though!  First of all, not all books are for all people.  What was slow to start for me, might be excellent from page one for others.  Also, just for the record, when I do read on an e-reader, that is my "night time reading" and it only happens before bed.  During the day, I am either reading a physical book or listening to an audio book.  So, yes some books do take me longer to finish.  Anyway, that might be more than you need to know about my reading habits, so let's move on to the review!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seven Days of Friday by Alex A. King

When I first started this book, I thought I wasn't going to like it much, and to be honest, it did take me a bit to REALLY get into it.  But the more I read, the more intrigued and interested I became.  Once the characters get to Greece, I was hooked.

I really liked the alternating points of view throughout the book to show what's going on from all sides of this complicated story.  I also loved that it wasn't a definitive every other chapter type of deal, but just sort of flowed with which character had more to say at the time.

As a former "cutter" I feel the need to share that there is a possible trigger in that area.  For me, it helped me identify with that character, but not everyone is in the same place in their lives, so please be aware of that.

I think women from teens to mature adults will enjoy this book.  It really showcases how things can be different throughout our growing up, but also remain the same.  There is a definite generational feel as you read about the various characters, so there is something for everyone, no matter what stage of life they are in.  I'm interested to see where the next book might take us.

No comments:

Post a Comment