Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Amazon Rant

 So, last week I went to write a review of a book I had read (verified purchase) and was told that my account had some "unusual activity" and therefore all of my reviews had been deleted and I was not able to post any new reviews.  Obviously, this made me very upset.  I e-mailed them right away and upon further reflection, ended up doing the customer service chat.  The lady was very nice and said she had "escalated" my request and I would hear by January 31st.  The only thing I heard by the 31st is that they had no answers and didn't know when they would, but that they suspected one of the following things: I am friends with someone I write reviews for, I receive compensation for my reviews, or my account is being used to leave fake reviews.  On Tuesday, I contacted customer service via chat again.  This time I was told they could "escalate" the situation again, but that would move me to the bottom of the queue.  Of course, I said no, please don't do that!  Anyway, at this point three of my reviews have been reinstated, but I'm still unable to post new reviews.  If anyone has any experience with this or advice, let me know!  From what I'm hearing in bookish circles, this has been happening more and more frequently.  It's frustrating because I do write reviews for everything I read, and I'm being told that possibly this could be because I do review books I may have purchased elsewhere or checked out from the library.  But honestly, all I've ever tried to do is help those authors out with my reviews!  In the meantime, I am still posting my reviews on GoodReads, BookBub, and StoryGraph.  And, as you can all see, I've resurrected this blog to post a few as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment