Friday, February 19, 2021

Audiobooks and They Both Die at the End

 A friend gave me some books on Audible and so I have started up with audiobooks again!  It's so nice to be able to listen to a book while I do the laundry or clean the house or cook dinner!  All of these things normally interrupt my reading time.  

In any case, I started with They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera.  With a title like that, I'm sure we can all guess that a few tears were shed.  I have to admit to my continuous hope that it was wrong and the two lovable main characters would defeat death and make it after all.  No such luck, but I did enjoy the ride.  Silvera's writing is beautiful and I found so many quotes in the book that just utterly touched my heart.  It's definitely going to be a story that sticks with me throughout the years.   Below is my GoodReads review, as Amazon is still refusing to reinstate my reviewing capabilities.



This book!  This book was amazingly written and so heartbreaking, but also so touching at the same time.  With the title being what it is, you can just assume there will be tears, but I was pleased with all the happy, funny, and beautiful moments as well.  


Matteo and Rufus are quite different, but end up spending this day together that will change them both for the better.  I love how they each brought out something in the other that they really needed on that day.


I was also fascinated with the premise of the story.  Fascinated and also a bit horrified, but it definitely made for an intriguing look at the possibilities and how I would handle myself in a similar situation.  The apps, and venues that have popped up due to Death Cast are interesting as well.


I enjoyed the writing so much, there are so many lines and quotes that will make their way into my Quotes journal.  I highly recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment