Sunday, February 7, 2021

BookTok and Zero Repeat Forever





 After joining TikTok during quarantine, I usually used it for entertainment.  Funny videos, cute cat videos, etc.  At one point I posted a video about my job and a few about my cats.  But then, I found this marvelous group of people who identified themselves as BookTok.  Y'all, I had found my people!  Now, I have over 800 followers and enjoy creating bookish content to share.  Over the course of this journey I have made new friends and added to my TBR and wish list exponentially!  One of the books I kept seeing was Zero Repeat Forever by G.S. Prendergast.  I was lucky enough to win a BookTok giveaway and was gifted both the first and second books by the giver of this giveaway.  I was super excited and immediately added those (and some other generous gifts) to my February TBR.  If you are reading this blog and you love books but have hesitated to join TikTok, I encourage you to join and find BookTok, you will not be disappointed.

I finished Zero Repeat Forever on Friday night.  In fact, I was so close that I wouldn't let myself sleep until I finished that book.  I have been SO hooked on this book!  It's not a genre that I've been into currently.  Actually, the alien factor is not something I've been into really ever except for a few select books or authors.  But this book, people, it's a must read!  The writing is excellent and descriptive.  I found myself latched on to the growth of the character Raven.  The following is my review that's posted on GoodReads, BookBub and StoryGraph.  


Wow!  I have to thank BookTok for introducing me to this book, and even a specific booktoker for sending it to me after I won her contest.  But however I came across this book, I'm so grateful to have read it!  This book is amazing and the writing is outstanding.  I wasn't even sure what this book was about before I received it in the mail, I just knew that a lot of people said they couldn't put it down and that's the kind of book I wanted to read.


This story is dystopian in nature and has a definite sci-fi feel to it.  There's a take over in place and, of course, a group of people who are set on rebelling and taking back their world.  What I found to be a bit different in this story than what I've read before, was first of all the relationship that emerges between Raven and Eighth.  I found the growth between these two characters and the growth the two characters had in and of themselves to be intriguing and fascinating.  The other part of the story that sticks out to me for being so different is the shock at the end.  I won't spoil you, but I will say that I has suspicions throughout the story that I kept dismissing and then picking back up.  Only to have been proven partially correct, though not in the way I anticipated.


Warnings... there are deaths in this book.  Not everyone will make it.  There is some violence and and actions that might trigger some people.  There is also a cliff hanger.  You WILL want book two as soon as possible.  Lucky for you (and me) the 2nd book is already published.  Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment