Friday, October 1, 2021

Favorite Authors

I know we all have our favorite authors, and I'm sure if you read this blog, you can find that Siobhan Davis is one of mine.  I've been a fan since her debut book and I can not get enough of her writing.  There is so much emotion in her books and she really has a way of drawing a reader in.  Her latest book came out this week and here is my review.  By the way, what are some of your favorite authors?

***************

Forbidden to Love by Siobhan Davis

This book was phenomenal!  Filled with drama, intrigue, action, and of course some romantic/sexual tension between the two main characters.  Set in the same world as Condemned to Love, this book shows a mob princess who falls for a "lowly soldier."  The life both are leading prevents them from making their own choices in such matters.


What I love most about this book, and quite honestly any Davis book, is the sheer depth in the characters.  Even secondary and tertiary characters have a complex background and descriptions so that we come to feel we truly know the characters and can see them.  Worlds created like this make it so easy for the reader to simply dive in and feel like they are living the story right along side the characters.  There is so much going on with Natalia and her whole family.  She struggles with what she wants out of life and what her obligations are.  Then there is Leo and he's struggling with the same issues in a different way.  


I love the connection that Natalia and Leo have and how their desire leaps off the page, it's that tangible.  Other than the romance, which is superb, there is also a lot of danger, action, and intrigue going on with the families.  True to any mafia romance, I'm guessing, there is some betrayals and underhanded dealings going on that will inevitably end in tragedy.  I was on the edge of my seat for the entire book!


If you enjoy this author, mafia romance, steamy romance, or brother's best friend type stories, this is the book for you!  I also highly recommend the other book in this world, Condemned to Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment