Sunday, August 29, 2021

Oh Rhysand

I loved the first book in the ACOTAR series, but I loved the second one even more!  As stated in my review below, I was confused after reading book one, as to why everyone on TikTok seemed to hate Tamlin so much, but book two makes it very clear.  I'd be curious to see if anyone liked him in book one even a little bit.  In any case, I get it now!  The following is my review for book two of the series.

*********************

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

What a thrilling follow up to the first book in the series.  I really enjoyed the character growth and development of Feyre and Rhysand.  I also loved learning more about the Night Court and the other characters we meet there.


I'll be honest, before reading this book, I wasn't sure why all the hate on TikTok for Tamlin, but I do get it now.  This story does show the difference between love and obsession.  I think the biggest difference between Rhysand and Tamlin, is the fact that Rhysand can want Feyre to be safe, but still want her to be herself.  He wants a partner, while Tamlin seems to want a pet.  And as with most wild things, Feyre did not do well in a cage.


I was not prepared for all the plot twists at the end of this book.  In fact, I was so shocked and enthralled, I had to start book three immediately!  I'm very anxious to see how the rest of this story plays out and am very thankful to my fellow BookTokers for putting me on this adventurous ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment