Sunday, January 30, 2022

TikTok Strikes Again

A lot of people on TikTok have been talking about this series.  I was blessed to win a copy of the first book from one such TikToker.  I won't jump in on the "war" on TikTok about which is better, (as I state in my review,) but I will say that I definitely did like Crave.  I liked it so much I went on ThriftBooks before I was finished to buy the 2nd book.  Unfortunately, it arrived severely damaged and unreadable, so I am still waiting for a better copy when I can afford one.  In any case, here's my review for book 1!

~~~~

Crave by Tracey Wolff

In a classic case of TikTok made me read it, I've picked up this book based on many reviews and an epic Crave vs. Twilight war! Now, I won't say which is better, I personally liked each for different reasons.


Crave is not your average vampire romance. First of all, we're dealing with way more than vampires, and even more than vampires and werewolves. Secondly, I think it's interesting to have the supernatural be the "norm" and the human be the abnormal one in the school. I absolutely love the Boarding School aspect of this story.

Many things are happening in this first book, from Grace moving to the school and ending up hurt... a lot, to uncovering a plot that will hurt many and change the world as we know it. I loved all the action and the paranormal creatures that are not as common in YA books.

The ending was SUCH a shock and cliffhanger! I both loved and hated it! But also, my book had some extra chapters from Jaxon's POV and I really enjoyed those. I'm not sure if that's something in every book or not. I know there are five books in this series so far, and I'm very excited to read the rest of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment