Saturday, July 17, 2021

Dystopian Societies

Ever since I first read The Hunger Games, I've been a fan of Dystopian Fiction.  I think a majority of them shed some light on the ways our governments are corrupt and could lead to such futures.  It's scary, but to me it's also a way to make sure I keep my eyes open.  If you, my reader, have any opinions on Dystopian Literature, I'd love to hear it.  

I read this book through Prime Reading and it fits the dystopian profile fantastically.  I was drawn right in and kept intrigued the whole way through.  The following is my review for The Enhanced!

************

The Enhanced by T.C. Edge

 What an interesting start to this series.  I'm afraid I may be hooked and it's a 10 book series with what appears to be a spin off series as well.  One thing I will say, however, is that if each book is as good as this first one, I don't think I'll be sorry for starting this journey.


In this Dystopian-esque type world, there are enhanced people and unehanced people and obviously the enhanced seem to rule the roost.  I found it very interesting the divisions of enhanced, as well as the lack of ability to appreciate art or emotion.  I'm sure you can see how this would lead to a very dangerous governmental system.  True to most dystopian books, there is a rebellion factor and I'm eager to learn more about it, since we only get a glimpse of them toward the end of the book.


The main character Brie goes through some things and we find out that she has been kept in the dark about her own heritage and classification for most of her life.  This will lead to an even more explosive story in the 2nd book, I'm sure.


If you enjoy Dystopian Novels, especially those mixed with a bit of sci-fi or paranormal type aspects, I'm sure you'll enjoy this book.  But be prepared for the length of the series, as it seems like it will keep you reading for quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment