Monday, August 23, 2021

Carry On my Wayward Son!

While I am behind on the show, I've loved Supernatural since it first aired.  As life got busier and I went back to work outside the home, it became more difficult to keep up with it, but I intend to re-watch it all very soon.  This book has a character who not only loves the show, but designs her business after it and has even met the cast.  (Jealous of a fictional character here!)  I enjoyed the story, the characters were amazing, but the added Supernatural things just made me love this book even more.  I can't wait to read the rest of the series.  The following is my review for the first book in the Wayward Sons series.

**************

Starlee's Heart by Angel Lawson

I began reading this book (borrowed with Prime Reading) because I liked the cover and title. Little did I know that one of the reasons I liked the title would actually remain prevalent throughout the book. So, yes, Supernatural Fans... Wayward Sons is a reference to the show's theme song! There are more Supernatural gems to be found in the book as well.


As much as I loved and enjoyed the references and all, the main part of this book that I loved was the idea of finding your family, your circle. I don't agree with everything the mom in this story has done, and I think it's amazing that Starlee was able to find a connection with other teens who were feeling just as lost as she was. I really loved the grandmother in the story as well and how she was able to see things from both Starlee's and her mother's side and sort of be a buffer of sorts.

At the end, there's sort of a cliffhanger, so be aware of that. I'm actually very intrigued and can't wait to see what's going to happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment