Monday, August 23, 2021

Return to a Favorite

 I love when authors give us a little fast forward epilogue at the end of a series.  Siobhan Davis has taken it one step further and given us a full novella to show us what's going on with the characters from her Sainthood series.  When I read, especially when I read a series, I tend to get seriously emotionally attached to characters.  This type of epilogue gives the feeling to the reader that these people continue to live on after the books are done.  It also gives us the opportunity to see where they are headed and where they've been since the end of their series.  It just makes me so happy!  The following is my review for Revere, the epilogue novella for the Sainthood series.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Revere by Siobhan Davis

I love that Siobhan Davis has given us more from the Sainthood world!  Getting to see where Harlow and the guys ended up and how they are doing is everything I didn't know I needed.  What's more, I love that we get a full novella instead of just an epilogue.  There is so much going on in Revere, and it's amazing to be able to sort of "check in" with some favorite characters.


While the main part of the story revolves around Lo and her guys, we get updates on other favorite characters as well through phone calls, or just the thoughts of the characters we are reading about.  Especially in a series of this nature, where almost everyone had it pretty rough, it's great to see positive updates on their lives.


Davis has this way of bringing her characters to life in such a way that the reader feels so connected and honestly feels so strongly about them, as if they were friends or even family.  I love that about her writing and I love that she gives us readers the chance to catch up with characters and see how their lives are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment