Thursday, August 5, 2021

Rock Star Romance

I love Rock Star Romance, or any kind of celebrity romance really... even a good sports romance fits the bill.  I've seen recently on TikTok that some people are extremely adverse to these tropes.  Well, to each their own!  I don't have to like everything my fellow avid readers like.  Just like they don't have to like everything I like.  The one criticism I have for the bookish community is our tendency to judge other readers for what they like and dislike.  Even if we both read the same book, we will take away something very different from it based on our own likes, experiences, etc.  So, here's my plea... let's stop being so judgmental and just agree to disagree on certain genres and tropes.  It's not going to hurt anyone to like different things.  That's kind of what makes us so beautiful!  That being said, here's my review!

***************

Music of the Heart by Katie Ashley

 If you love a good rock star romance, pay attention!  This book was one of the best Rock Star romances I've read.  It had heat, it had heart, and it instantly captivated me.  The main character, Abby, is so endearing!  I love that she's sweet and kind, but also knows how to hold her own after growing up with brothers.  Jake, on the other hand, took a minute to warm up to, but once you learn his background and struggles, you begin to see him in a new light.


I loved reading some of the lyrics to the songs in the story as well.  It never ceases to amaze me, the amount of talent and creativity that these authors have.  I hadn't read anything by Katie Ashley before, but she's impressed me and I intend to finish the Runaway Train series and then look for her other books as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment