Thursday, August 5, 2021

Red River!

I'm back in Red River with the second book in the Red River Romps series by Piper James.  This series is a spin off of her Milestone Mischief series, which I also loved.  I found this author on TikTok and let me tell you, I'm so glad I found my BookTok community there!  I've got loving support of other readers and authors.  I'm finding new books to read and love and new authors to follow.  I'm also seeing just true kindness and generosity in this community.  That's not to say there aren't some bad things or situations that arise, but as a whole this community has change my life for the better.  Quarantine and situations with money due to that had me down for quite awhile.  I am finally starting to feel like myself again after finding this amazing bunch of people.  Anyway, the following is my review of the 2nd Red River Romps book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It Started With a Crush by Piper James 

 For those who love a Single Dad Romance, this one is for you!  First of all, each and every book I've read by Piper James (and I think I've read them all) is absolutely delicious.  Filled with heart and steam and just excellent writing and storytelling.  I love the characters and the development each one gets.  Everyone has a backstory, a history that makes them who they are and it's so important to see that.  Another thing I just adore, is how all of these stories tie together in some way.  The Milestone Mischief series led us to the Red River Romps series and all of these characters somehow intertwine.  It adds a depth to the connection the reader feels when we can start a book and already feel like we know some of the characters.


In this story, we see Chase and Sage and how they end up meeting and connecting in ways they never expected.  I am a sucker for a single dad romance, I love seeing a good father end up finding love and happiness outside of their child.  I love the sassy and snarky conversations between Sage and Chase, and I love how supportive the surrounding characters (Sage's friends and Chase's brothers) are.  Daniel, Chase's son, is a total charmer as well and adds just the right amount of cute to the book.


I found myself laughing and tearing up and turning the pages until I literally couldn't keep my eyes open.  Already I can not wait for book three in this series.  If you haven't read any of Ms. James' books yet, I highly recommend getting started!  You don't have to read them in order, but if you're a tad OCD like me, make sure you start with the Milestone Mischief series! 

No comments:

Post a Comment