Saturday, October 2, 2021

Culture

I have been stepping outside of the "norm" for my romance and contemporary novel reading and have been seeking out some books that are about people from different cultures than my own.  If you have read something about characters who are not white or maybe not even from America, I would love some suggestions!  This book was wonderful and I loved it, I'm just going to let you get to the review!  But please, drop me some suggestions!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon

I really enjoyed this book.  I can't remember if it was on TikTok or some other social media that I saw this book being talked about, but I'm so glad I ended up reading it.  I also had no idea that there were other book in this world.  I'm reading the companion novel about Sweetie now.  The fact that I moved on to the next book so quickly speaks highly for this book and how impressed I was with the author.  I even looked at her GoodReads page to see what else she's written.


I think the meet cute in this story is just adorable, and hilarious.  I literally laughed out loud.  And I like the way the relationship between these two characters progressed so naturally in spite of what their parents tried to do.  I also love how both Dimple and Rishi have something they are truly passionate about, and how they help each other with that aspect of their lives.


I've been really enjoying reading books about people with different cultures than my own.  Not only are they entertaining, but I feel like I'm learning something and opening my eyes to the numerous other ways of life out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment