Saturday, October 30, 2021

Back with the Bridgertons!

I've been listening to this series on Audiobook from a combination of the Libby and Hoopla apps.  I've had the 8th book and the Happily Ever After collection on hold for so long!  But I kept getting the collection before book 8 in the series and I didn't want to listen to it until I'd read On the Way to the Wedding, so I kept delaying my hold.  FINALLY, I was able to listen to it, and while listening the collection was available again.  Luckily, that means I get to move directly on to the final book in the series now that I've finished book 8.  And then I guess I only have to wait for the next season of the show!  lol  Do any of you put books on hold if you're really wanting to read them?  Or do you just go out and buy them?  I wish I had the money to just buy whatever book I want to read, but that's not always possible is it?  Thank goodness for libraries and apps like Libby and Hoopla!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the Way to the Wedding by Julia Quinn

 I've been on a wait list for this book for quite some time, so I'm very happy to have finally been able to listen to it!  Gregory's story had more intrigue and action than most of the others, and I was very pleased to have some new characters to meet and enjoy.  I admit to feeling a bit ambivalent about Hermione at first, but I grew to like her almost as much as the main character, Lucy.


I do miss Lady Whistledown's part in the stories, but I also appreciate the direction the series took after she was unmasked.  The drama, gossip and scandal is still there, just told in different ways.  And the drama and scandal are aplenty in this book!  I was at the literal edge of my seat at one point.


As with most of the series, I was able to listen to a second epilogue at the end of this audiobook.  I have to admit to being brought to tears during this part of the book, and I find that the story was enhanced because of it.  I do love getting little updates and sneak peeks into the lives of the characters after the initial story is over.


I'm somewhat sad to have reached the end of the series, but I do have the collection of 2nd epilogues (to read any I may have missed along the way) to read, and I intend to!  Fans of historical romance, the rest of the series, or the TV adaptation are sure to love this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment