Monday, October 25, 2021

What is it about Bullies?

As a kid in Jr. High, I was bullied quite fiercely.  I never in a million years thought I'd like books about bullies turning into romantic interests.  But here I am!  Perhaps it's because my bullies were always female.  Or maybe it's the fact that the bully is often forced to admit their true feelings and things work out for everyone in the end.  Whatever it is, ever since I read my first bully romance, I can't seem to get enough.  (And don't even get me started on if they have a reverse harem in there as well!)  I borrowed Deviant King from Prime Reading, if you have Amazon Prime and aren't taking advantage of this program you're missing out!  The following is my review!

***********

Deviant King by Rina Kent

While this book left me with more questions than answers, I'm so FULLY invested it's not even funny!  I was drawn in from page one and by the last page, I was practically salivating for answers and more of the story.  Needless to say, I can not wait to get my hands on book two of this series.

I never thought I would be a person who enjoyed bully romance, but the more I read, the more I enjoy it.  I think the overall tension between the two main characters enhances the romance when it finally comes about.  In this story, Elsa "Frozen" has been tormented since day one, though Aidan pretty much ignores her.  But when these two collide it's epic and powerful.  I like their dynamic for the most part, but there were some times when I found consent to be dubious.  I also feel like there is more going on with some of the side characters than we really get to see in this initial book.  I'm curious to see what might come of those tensions as well.

There is a definite cliffhanger at the end of this book, which is one of the reasons why I am so eager to get my hands on book two.  Some huge questions are lingering in my head and it's both frustrating and intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment