Sunday, October 3, 2021

When You Don't Read the Blurb

I am one of the weirdos who doesn't read the blurb before choosing a book, and often times not even then.  I'm a cover type person and I don't know if that's bad or good.  Sometimes, I truly enjoy taking the ride and being surprised what the story is about.  But in cases like this book, I probably wouldn't have chosen it for my Prime Reading selection if I'd known about the cheating in the book.  And that's definitely a personal thing.  I know many people who might absolutely love this book, and that's ok.  What bothers me isn't going to bother everyone else.  Just like there are things that bother other people that don't bother me.  What are some of the things that turn you off of a book?

************

Come Undone by Jessica Hawkins

While the story was written well, and I loved the sexual tension involved, I'm just not a fan of cheating.  Most things that aren't really my thing, I can look past in books, but cheating isn't one of them and that is the only reason for my three star rating.  When it comes to writing, character development, and plot the book is very well done.  And I've read another book by this author that I truly loved.  I just found it really hard to get through this one due to the cheating aspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment