Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Back in Sweet Pea

As much as I loved this book, it took me forever to write the review.  The main problem was, the things I was most excited about and loved the most were difficult to put into words without giving spoilers.  And I, personally, hate spoilers in reviews.  I want to know how you felt about the book or how the book made you feel and vague things you might have liked or disliked, but not specifics and even when I tried to be vague, it seemed too spoilerish.  In any case, here is my review of the 2nd book in the Sweet Pea Flings series.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sneaking Around With Slade by Piper James

If you love a good, cute (but also spicy,) contemporary romance, I'm convinced that you can't go wrong with Piper James.  Every book is fun to read, emotional, and full of heat.


If you've read the first book in the Sweet Pea Flings series, then you've already met both Saylor and Slade in passing.  And you also know they have a secret.  I, personally, am a huge fan of the 'brother's best friend' romance trope, but this story adds a bit of an age gap as well.  Sometimes that can be a turn off for me, but I found that it wasn't in this book.  


What I loved most about this book was how Ford reacted to the news.  I found it made me love him as a character even more than I already did.  I also can't get over how creative this author is to make sure each book in each series ends up tying into the previous ones.  For me, it makes the reading of these series even more enjoyable.


I am already looking forward to the next book in this series, in addition to anything Ms. James writes in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment