Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Castle Mountain Lodge

I've found another romance series to read!  I got book one as a freebie, and I did enjoy it.  I think I'm going to end up really liking this author as I read more.  I feel like she has popped up in my e-mails with freebies before, too.  So, I'm going to have to search my Nook and Kindle libraries for more books by her.  I do have a tendency to one-click often!  

**************

Unexpected Gifts by Elena Aitken

It's been awhile since I've read a Christmas-y book around the holidays.  In all honesty, I didn't know that it was going to be set in Christmas time when I began, but I loved that it was.  What a great way to put you in the Holiday spirit!


Andi is a character that I feel like every reader will empathize with.  She's been through something that's horrible and heart breaking and the person who should have been there wasn't.  Colin is the typical guy who thinks he's not relationship type, but might be more than he realizes.  I loved the chance meeting, the forced proximity, and just the chemistry between the two.  Even more than that, I loved the challenge Colin gave himself to help Andi learn to love Christmas again, even when he didn't know what made her stop.


There were times over the course of this book that I laughed, but also times where I teared up a bit.  And overall I was left with a feeling of contentment.  I think the story went exactly where it needed to go and it was effortless in its flow.


I hadn't read this author before, but I already am excited to read the 2nd book in the Castle Mountain Lodge series.

No comments:

Post a Comment