Friday, November 5, 2021

Off to Sweet Pea!

I love when I find an author that I really love.  It's become quite obvious that I'm going to enjoy anything written by Ms. Piper James (aka Wendi Wilson.)  I found this author on TikTok, so thankful to have found my niche over there.  I can't wait to get started on some of her other genres, but I'm enthralled with her contemporary romances.  The following is my review for book one in her newest series!

*********************

Fooling Around With Ford by Piper James

I was so surprised and excited to find out that Piper James had a new book coming out!  I'm slightly embarrassed to say that it took me way too long to recognize the connection between this book and the previous Red River Romps series.  I absolutely love that this author chooses to connect her series in this way.  It makes it so fun for the reader to feel like they already know some of the characters and have been involved in this world for so long.


In the first Sweet Pea Flings we meet Dakota's sister and she's pretty much at her lowest.  The amazing people and atmosphere in this town change her perspective, and obviously Ford had something to do with it as well.  As much as I loved the main characters, the side characters really shine through in Ms. James' writing.  I think it's a large reason that readers keep coming back to her books.


If you enjoy a good contemporary romance with a bit of spice thrown in.  Or if you've enjoyed any of Piper James previous books or series, I think you will truly love Fooling Around with Ford!  As for myself, I can't wait to see who the second book in the series will be about!

No comments:

Post a Comment