Friday, November 12, 2021

Freebies for the Win

I love getting freebies on my Nook and Kindle.  I found Evelyn Adams on my Nook in some freebies I'd downloaded ages ago.  Now I'm very excited because I've found another romance author who I know I will enjoy pretty much anything I read by her!  Have any of you found new authors this way?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feels Like Home by Evelyn Adams

I was disappointed with myself for reading the first book in the spin off series before I read this one.  However, as it turns out, it's not necessary to read this first series before reading the spin off.  Each series can stand alone.


I loved how this book showed how cruel some people can be, and at the same time showed how your background and circumstances don't get to determine the outcome of your life.  It's powerful to me, when a main character can show the other how much they are worth in spite of their perceived flaws.  We all think the worst of ourselves at times and reading a romance like this one can give us hope that the right person will see past what we hate about ourself.  


There was on character, other than the one I'm sure we were meant to dislike, that I really despised and I'm wondering if there will be a redeeming point for him in the future of this series, as he seems to have a close connection with the main family.  I was shocked and disappointed in his actions and even at the end of the book, I didn't like him much.


This being the second book I've read by this author, I can say with certainty that I will be reading more.  I love the emotions she puts into the books and how much depth there is to her characters.  Her writing style is engaging and I found myself drawn in from the very first page.

No comments:

Post a Comment