Thursday, November 11, 2021

The Name of the Pig

 So, I started this book from Prime Reading and while the title is cute and clever for the story, it's also the name of a pig in the story (Romeo) and I found that to be quite funny.  I'm really loving RomCom and Contemporary Romances right now, so that's a lot of what the reviews I'll be doing are about.  If you happen to not like those, don't fear, I'm a mood reader and I'm sure to phase on to something new soon!

*************

Not My Romeo by Ilsa Madden-Mills

I borrowed this book with Prime Reading and I enjoyed it very much!  I loved the idea of a mistaken identity leading to a love story.  Of course, there has to be some stumbling blocks along the way.  Like the person not telling the other that they aren't who they think they are!  


I think the fact that Jack is so vulnerable in spite of his status makes him that much more swoon-worthy.  I really liked that he wasn't some cocky jock who thought the world revolved around him until the right girl stepped in.  He already had flaws and didn't realize his own worth.  I also enjoyed the small town life of Elena and her family and friends.  Coupled with the big time status of Jack, it made for a really cute story.


I hadn't read any of this author before, though several had been on my wish list, so I'm very glad to have found this on Prime Reading so that I could give it a try.  I'll definitely be looking more into this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment