Monday, March 8, 2021

Back to Milestone!

 I have traveled back to Milestone with the next book in the series by Piper James!  This one is called Teasing Mr. Moneybags.  My GoodReads review will be below, but I wanted to just say how much I am enjoying this contemporary romance series.  For the past year or so, I've really been into contemporary romance and more realistic fiction.  Don't get me wrong, I still love my paranormal and dystopian, but as the world got crazier and crazier, it was nice to read some normalcy.  My reading has always been an escape.  I read for fun, I read for enjoyment, and I read for an escape from reality and adult life... no matter how short that escape may be.  This series is just perfect for that.  It brings you back to those feelings of meeting someone and falling for them.  And when the problems you had to face were more easily fixable than a worldwide pandemic or murder hornets! Anyway, since Amazon still hates me, below is my GoodReads/Bookbub/BeanStack review of Teasing Mr. Moneybags by Piper James!

*****

I loved returning to Milestone and seeing what this group of characters I've come to love is getting up to.  In this volume we get to see Karly's story and I was not disappointed.  In addition to her fun and quirky way of life, I saw a lot of her angst and worries.  I like when a character becomes so multi-faceted.  


I also loved getting to know Max and Marshall a bit more.  I found their father to be utterly repulsive, and I'm very curious to see if we will get some of the sister's story at some point in this series.  I also can't wait for Felicia's story.  


Karly and Max have instant tension and attraction and I like that we can tell that but it takes them a bit to get there.  I really enjoyed the teasing that Karly did to get Max to own up to how he was feeling.  I also like how she was able to bring a personality out of him that we couldn't see at first.  Through all the misunderstandings and mistakes, this relationship has sparks and heat.  I absolutely loved Max's grand gesture at the end.


One thing I really love about this series, is how each book focuses on a different couple, but we also get to see the previous (and future?) couples and keep up with them as we move along in the series.  I can't wait to read more!

No comments:

Post a Comment