Monday, March 29, 2021

New to Me Author

 L.A. Cotton... an author I have not read before.  What happened was, my Kindle had died.  I wanted to read before I fell asleep, so I pulled out my old Nook and clicked on a book I had downloaded prior to switching to Kindle.  It was Loyalty and Lies by L.A. Cotton.  I thought the title was interesting and the cover looked like a book I would enjoy.  It was definitely a college contemporary romance... the kind I like to read, but this was a little different than what I'd been reading lately.  For one thing, I was left wondering about a lot of plot points.  For another, the romance wasn't dark or bully, but more secret.  The author definitely knows how to keep readers coming back though, I'll give her that!  The following is my review.

****

While I truly did enjoy this book, it was a literal roller coaster of emotions.  The main characters were on again off again so much my head was spinning and my heart was aching.  At the end of the book, I'm still lost as to what is truly going on in Chastity Falls.  I know one thing, I do NOT like Braiden or his father.  


I almost have more questions than answers when it comes to this story, but I know that I WANT to know.  For example, I don't know the whole story of everything that Ana went through prior to arriving at CFA.  I don't know how the Donohues managed to get guardianship of Jackson.  And I'm not sure why everyone seems to bow to the Donohues in that town.  The author gave just enough information and drama to keep the reader engaged and intrigued, but not enough for them to walk away from the series at this point.  I'll be looking into getting book two as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment