Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Prime Reading and Alexandra Moody

 Recently, I've been reading some books out of my Prime Reading selection (so I can return them and check out more, of course!)  My most recent one was I Hate You More by Alexandra Moody.  It was a super short cute read that was perfect escapism for the place my mind was in at the time.  It's been a struggle dealing with financial issues, health issues, teen kids, and of course a pandemic.  Sometimes a YA novel is just the perfect solution for me.  I found this enemies to lovers book to be entertaining and relaxing.  You'll find my review below...but first...

I have WON people!  I have finally managed to get Amazon to reconsider their decision regarding my reviews.  They have reinstated my ability to write reviews and other content on the site, and claim that my previous reviews will be restored as well, though I haven't seen that yet.  But, so far I've been able to write 3 reviews and not been blocked or received any error messages!  It's been a long battle, but for me it's worth it.  I just love supporting authors too much for me to have let this one slide.  Thanks to any of you who offered me support, advice or even just let me vent.  I appreciate it!  And now the review...

I Hate You More ~ Alexandra Moody

This was a really cute read that was included in Prime Reading.  I enjoy reading YA Romance because it helps to bring me back to a simpler time when I need an escape from adult worries and stresses.


This book was sort of a slow burn and a big enemies to lovers feel.  Both characters had made some assumptions and mistakes regarding the other and when they thought they hated each other, it was really something else entirely.   One thing that I did not like in this story was the best friend, Tessa.  While she did redeem herself in the end, I found her way too pushy and I didn't really feel like she had her best friend's best interest at heart.  She seemed too motivated in everything happening exactly as she had planned it instead of truly listening to what Ally wanted and needed.  Also, Chase's parents are horrible people.


Anyway, just really sweet and cute read that's going to be a quick one, but a nice escape from the daunting real world we live in right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment