Friday, March 26, 2021

Dark Bully Romance

Dark romance and Bully romance are fairly new genres or tropes I've added to the type of books I read.  At first, I was certain I wouldn't like them, but there's a draw to that type of story and hopeful redemption.  This book, Marked by Ruby Vincent was available in Prime Reading and so I gave it a shot.  I was intrigued and invested almost instantly, but with most of the bully romances that I've read, there's quite a bit more of the actual romance part than I saw in this book.  That being said, it is the first book in a series and it's quite possible and even probable that there will be more of that in the future books.  

I have a small Amazon update and then I'll post my review.  So, while I am able to post reviews again on Amazon, it seems they still haven't restored my countless reviews that were taken down during this debacle.  I'm not sure if I should just let it be so I don't risk my reinstated abilities, or if I should e-mail again and request an update on the status of those missing reviews.  We are talking thousands!  Any thoughts from you, my readers? Ok so now on to my review...


Marked by Ruby Vincent

There was a lot less romance in this "Bully Romance" than I was expecting, so I'm not sure if it's because that happens later in the series or what.  Other than that, this book really hooked me and dragged me in and now I have all of these questions that I NEED answers to.  Which is excellent for an author to create such a sense of urgency because now I will be doing my best to get my hands on book two, if not the whole rest of the series.


In typical High School Bully fashion, the new girl is the one who ends up getting bullied.  In this school, however, the students truly feel as if they have no choice.  Another thing I'm eager to get answers for!  The main guys in the book are the same good looking and talented boys you see in most books of this nature, but I like how each one seems to be good at something different.  I really like Maverick's character.  I felt like him and Val connected and I would love to see how that progresses.


I'm utterly horrified at some of the revelations at the end of the book, and if you haven't guessed it yet, be prepared for a cliffhanger.  I had suspicions of one of the situations, but the other has me shook.  All in all, if you're into bully romance, dark romance, and that sort of book, you'll probably enjoy this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment