Saturday, March 13, 2021

Sweet on Street!

I just finished a cute little YA Romance by Stephanie Street.  It was called Don't Pretend You Love Me... at least I think that's what it was called.  Here's my only negative comment about this author, why change the title of the book once it's published?  Is it a publishing house thing?  Is it because sales aren't doing well?  I'm honestly confused.  Anyway, it was called that when I clicked on it in my Prime Reading, but then it showed up as something else and then on GoodReads, yet a different title.  But for my purposes of this post and my review, we are going with Don't Pretend You Love Me, which I actually like best anyway, as one of the characters says that very line in the book.  In any case, I will surely read more by this author... especially when I am needing a sweet and cute escape from adulting and reality.  It was adorable to it's core and if you like that sort of reading, this is going to be one of your go to authors!  Below is my GoodReads review, you all know the story by now, but I still can't review on Amazon.  It may never be a possibility for me again, and that makes me super sad.

***

This was a very cute and sweet "Friends to lovers" romance.  Very PG-13, so it's definitely safe for younger readers, or those of us who  like the sweet fluff from time to time.


I have always loved the friends to lovers trope, especially when they've been friends forever and everyone around them can tell how they feel about each other, but they're unwilling to admit it to themselves or each other.  This is the epitome of that trope and I found it cute and enjoyable to read.  A lovely escape from real life, when real life can be so traumatic and complicated.  


I also enjoyed how we kept getting little peeks into the best friend, Eden's life, and how there must be a story there too.  I'll admit to checking when I was done reading and we will get to read Eden's tale as well in this series.


If you enjoy sweet romance, or this type of trope, I'm sure you will enjoy this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment