Monday, March 1, 2021

More Chicagoland

 A friend of mine told me to read the Chicagoland Vampire books a few months ago.  I'll admit it's taking me awhile to get through them as I read other things as well, but I do love them.  They'd actually been on my TBR for quite awhile, I just hadn't gotten to them yet, but Beka gave me the nudge I needed to move them up.  What I'm learning as I read them, is that most fiction books can give us some kind of life lesson if we know where to look.  The following is my GoodReads review of book 11, Dark Debt and towards the end you will see the lesson that is sticking with me from this series.



I love when a series goes on for this many books and I'm still fully invested in the story and characters.  Every new situation that arises for Ethan, Merit and all of the characters in Chicagoland pulls me and keeps me entertained and interested.


The end of book 10 has us hanging and book 11 picks it right back up.  The premise of Ethan's creator coming back into the picture was one I wasn't prepared for, but it appears as if that's happened and of course, chaos ensues.  The other thing I didn't anticipate was the human factor in this scenario.  Perhaps I should have considered it, since a lot of the problems the vampires face seem to begin with human influence.


What I love the most about this series, is how the main characters... regardless of house or supernatural status... come together in the time of need of whomever needs them.  This is a lesson our own world needs to learn.  That it does not matter the color of ones skin, the religion, the sexuality, or any of that...we are all human and should be willing to step up and help each other when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment