Sunday, June 6, 2021

A bit Behind, Oops!

 I finished a book yesterday and wrote my review on GoodReads and cross posted it to most of the sites I use, but I forgot to write a blog post!  Oops!  Then today I finished another book, so this is going to be another twofer posting!  

The first book was another Bridgerton book.  This time it was Francesca's story, and I had been so curious about it that I sort of flew through it!  The second was a book called Six Weeks by an author I found on TikTok.  I enjoyed both books and the reviews I've posted are below.

On a side note, if you are following this blog and you know someone who might also enjoy reading the things I have to say about the books I read, would you mind sharing?  Also, if you're interested in what I post on TikTok, my handle is @myntopreads!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn


Throughout the previous six books, I was always very curious to know what had happened with Francesca. We rarely see or hear of her and it's always a mention in some kind of off hand way. So, I was very eager to get through this book and find out what was going on with the sixth Bridgerton sibling.

This book was one of the most emotionally charged books in the series thus far. I was moved to literal tears at one point, and I may have been previously, but this was on a whole new level. Francesca's past and even present is saddening and heart wrenching. Where she ends up was so uplifting and I was immensely pleased with the ending of this story.

I feel like we saw less of the other Bridgertons in this book, but that wasn't the reason for my 4 star rating (rather than 5.) I honestly felt a lack of closure when it came to Michael's situation and I wish we'd had a definitive answer that he was going to be ok. Other than that, this book was almost perfection. I loved the story line, the progression and the characters. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Six Weeks by T. Spear

This short but wonderful debut book from author T. Spear was just the right one to kick off my summer break! I loved the characters and fell right into the world and the story that was woven. My heart was breaking for the main character and the troubles she had going into the book and throughout with her family and what she left behind. I was so happy to see things get sort of worked out for her. I would LOVE to see a sequel or follow up with how she manages after the events of this book. If you like military romance with some spice and heat, but also tenderness and heartbreak, this is the book for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment