Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Making Choices

I had heard of this book on TikTok, the people of BookTok spoke very highly and I felt as if I must read this book.  I went and put it on hold on the Libby app and waited.  The day I started a quite different kind of book, a 30 some hour audiobook, is the day Addie came available.  My choice was to finish the book I'd just started and push back my borrowing of the book I wanted, or to pause the book and listen to this one immediately.  I simply couldn't wait anymore to read this one, so I paused where I was in Game of Thrones and began to listen to The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue.  I'm not sorry.  It was a beautiful story and I feel like it was just what I needed to hear at the time.  I truly believe that books speak to people differently, I also believe that God (or whatever higher power you believe in) puts things in your path for a reason.  I needed this book right now as I'm going through some changes in my life.  I took away from this book just what I needed to move forward with less trepidation and doubt and more embracing of my future and all it might hold.  The following is my review...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab

What a wonderfully beautiful story.  I was moved to tears at points and I found it to be a truly unique way of telling the tale of someone wishing for more time. I found the characters to be well written and very intriguing.  I connected with Addie from the beginning and found that I could even understand, if not connect or like Luke.  


I love the telling of Addie's travels and experiences as much as I loved the romance in the story.  It was such an all encompassing book and there is not a single part that was boring or lacking in some kind of excitement.


Spanning over hundreds of years of history and lives and loves, I think The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue will charm and captivate audiences for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment