Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Slowing down...

Not on purpose, but my reading seems to be slowing down.  I would have thought the opposite to be true when the summer came and I wasn't working every day anymore.  I think the biggest thing is that I'm able to get out and hang out with friends again.  There is a higher rate of vaccination and I, myself, am fully vaccinated, and I'm very much enjoying going out with friends or even just visiting them at their homes.  But, alas, it does cut into reading time.  In any case, I've finished another Bridgerton book and my review is below.  I hope all of you are enjoying some more freedoms than you were at this point last year!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's In His Kiss by Julia Quinn


 I'm a bit in shock that I'm already to Hyacinth in this series.  These books are so captivating and engaging that I'm finding myself flying right through the series.  I didn't have any preconceived notions of what Hyacinth's story would be like, and I think that made the reading of it even more enjoyable.


I found Garreth's back story to be so sad.  I don't like parents who treat their kids the way that he was treated, regardless of the reasoning.  I was so happy to see him find a new sense of family.


One thing I really loved about this book was having so much of Lady Danbury involved.  She is definitely one of my favorite side characters and I love seeing the Bridgerton family interacting with her.  This book, in particular, had what is sure to be my all time favorite Danbury scene and line in the entire series.  It made me tear up a little.  (I'll let you read it for yourself!)


I also very much liked the epilogue.  I truly adore seeing a beloved character's children in a story or epilogue or even sequel and I liked seeing Isabella.  


I'm a bit sad that I'm nearing the end of this series.  I am sure to be recommending it for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment