Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Finishing a Trilogy

While I admit that this trilogy started off slow for me, I'm so glad I kept reading.  Once I got into the story, I found it to go along a lot faster and I really enjoyed the ride.  I've seen some people be upset about a lack of spice between the two main characters, but I have to disagree.  I think the lack of spice and the constant frustration of will they or won't they realize their feelings for each other made the series that much more interesting.  And to be honest, while I love the smexy scenes in some books, sometimes it's great to read something without it.  The following is my review of The Queen of Nothing, which is the 3rd and final book in The Folk of the Air series by Holly Black.

~~~~~~~~~~

The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black

 I was very impressed with the conclusion to this series.  Too often a series like this is forced into an ending that seems rushed or implausible.  I found this book to end things nicely and organically as to the flow of the story within this universe.


I love how the romance of the story is a very slow burn, and also enemies to lovers style of romance.  And that it's so far removed from the main part of the story.  The romance aspect is almost an after thought, where as the meat of the story is about Cardan and Jude maturing and growing into their own strength and personalities.


I love how the story ended.  I particularly adored how the Heather and Viv storyline ended up.  I was also almost motherly proud of how Jude handled things in the end.  I would definitely recommend this series to people who enjoy tales of the Fae and those who have read and enjoyed Ms. Black's work in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment