Tuesday, June 22, 2021

From Milestone to Red River

I've been hooked on Piper James writing since I read the first page of the first Milestone Mischief book, so imagine my delight when I found out there was to be a sort of spin off series called Red River Romps.  It begins with the sibling of two of the characters in the other series and I'm assuming will continue with the siblings of one of the main characters in this first book.  I feel like it's a sure sign that it's a good book or series when the author keeps revisiting those people and that world they've created.  And, as I expected, I loved this book!  The following is my review...

~~~~~~~~~~

It Started With a Bang by Piper James

 Piper James has won my heart!  I'm so happy to revisit some of the characters from her Milestone Mischief series and looking forward to all the new characters in what is sure to be a fabulous new series.  


I've wanted to hear Belle's story since she first appeared in the Milestone books.  I wasn't eager to see her dad again, what a putz, but I wanted to see the story about such a strong and independent woman.  I was definitely impressed with how her story went.  She took control of her own life and I love that in a female character.  Especially one faced with such open sexism and misogyny as Belle was.


When it comes to Ryder, I feel like he was the perfect match for Belle.  He was strong and independent in his own right, but not at all threatened by a strong woman.  In fact, I love how he celebrated in her victories and honestly wanted the best for her.  And their chemistry was off the charts!


James has a talent for writing romance that romance lovers want and need!  I can't wait to see more from the Red River Romps series.  If you're a fan of contemporary romance with just the right amount of spice and characters that are truly relatable, Piper James is the author for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment