Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Bridgerton Plus

I've finished another two books!  At this rate, I'm sure to meet and possibly exceed my GoodReads goal!  Woo Hoo!  Now, I am only competing with myself, but it does give me a sense of accomplishment when I meet a goal that I set for myself.  

This time, I've finished yet another Bridgerton novel as well as a short romance on my Nook.  I loved the Bridgerton book, but the romance left me wanting.  I hate leaving bad reviews and I hope the author, should she read what I wrote, will understand my criticism for what it is and where it's coming from.  I did NOT hate the book, far from it.  I simply thought it needed work and a bit more substance.  When I do have negative things to say, I aim for saying them in a positive way.  I also always make sure to say something I liked about the book as well.  My purpose in reviews is to help the author get seen, but also to let other readers know kind of what feelings to expect when reading.   So, here are my newest two reviews.

**********

Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn

This Bridgerton book was probably my favorite so far!  I swear, they just keep getting better and better.  I have to admit, I didn't think we'd get the answer to this particular question until the end of the series, if ever.  But I think the answer will surprise and please all the fans this series has gained.


One thing I truly love in a romance, is when one character does not see the other's true beauty and worth right away.  In this, Colin's story, we get to see how he went about his life not realizing what was right there the whole time.  There's also something to be said for characters having to mature and grow in order to really see each other and find their way to each other.


What I really love most about this series, is that even though it's historical in nature, the writing makes it so the reader still feels those butterflies you feel when experiencing new relationships and romantic moments.  I love that!  I also love that the narrator (as I'm listening to the audio books) is British and also very adept at changing her voice for the different characters.  It's very entertaining to listen to.


I guess I'm down to four more siblings, and I can't wait!

**********

Sweet for You by Harper Ashe

 Officially I would give this book 3.5 stars.  I loved the story and it was very cute and well written.  The only thing that brings down my rating is the insta-love and the length.  I felt the book and the romance itself was too short.  I would have liked to have seen a longer courtship/dating time between the main characters and more interactions between them.  It made the relationship a little less believable when it was so rushed.  That being said, I appreciate the focus on curvy characters and the female empowerment of being ok with your size.

No comments:

Post a Comment