Saturday, May 29, 2021

To Spin Off or Not to Spin Off

I started reading a book because it was available for free with Prime Reading.  (If you have Amazon Prime and you're not taking advantage of this, you're truly missing out!)  Little did I know it was actually a spin off of another series I had read already.  So, I was wondering how many of you enjoy spin off series?  I remember when I read the Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead... I ended up enjoying it even more than I enjoyed the original series (Vampire Academy.)  Now, I don't know if that will be the case here, as this was only a prequel, but I do know that the experience of those two series has made me very optimistic when it comes to spin off book series.  The following is my review...

______________

Orientation Week by Ruby Vincent

 I don't know how I didn't realize this before starting this book, but this is a spin off (kind of) of the Evergreen Academy series.  Since I happened to have loved that series, this makes me very happy and eager to read the whole series.  This book is apparently a prequel of sorts to the series, but it's available with Prime Reading and I wanted to give it a try.  


There is definitely a mysterious aspect to the story.  There's something going on that even at the end of the book I'm wondering about.  This is also another prep school where there seems to be some dark and devious things going on.  I'm loving the way the main character seems to want to tear down the system before we even know what it is.  It seems as if this series will have some very real feminine strength themes, as well as some equality themes.


I'm wondering if this will end up being reverse harem as the Evergreen books were, or if it will merely be dark romance.  Either way, I was entertained and left wanting, so I will be getting my hands on the other books as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment