Friday, May 7, 2021

Review Writing

I am working on my review writing, and I would really love some input!  If you read my blog, please leave a comment telling me what you like or dislike about the review portion of my posts.  I'd like to get my reviews to the point where they are the kind authors would pull quotes from.  This means more writing of how the books make me feel and less of summaries.  The following is my review of the final book in Ruby Vincent's Evergreen Academy series.  I took some notes and wrote my review based on some feelings and observations I had while reading.

*****

Unmasked by Ruby Vincent

What an exciting conclusion to this series!  I don't think I could have possibly guessed who the Spades were and who was behind it all at that school.  I found that I really enjoyed the mystery aspect of the series and how the romance was actually secondary to that part of the story.


There seems to be a decent amount of lessons within the series.  I noticed messages about status and bullying and how they can sometimes be related.  There was also a lesson in standing up for not only yourself but others.  I love books that are fiction, but send a message to the reader, especially if there is a possibility of that reader being younger.  


I would classify this book as NA and I would recommend knowing what you're getting into before reading this book or series.  There are some tough themes covered including rape and teen pregnancy.  Obviously bullying as well, and there is some very harsh bullying going on throughout all four books.


I admire the strength and determination of the main character.  No matter how the other characters changed and grew and matured through the series, she was a constant from the beginning.  


If you enjoy Dark romance, bully romance and/or reverse harem romance, you'll enjoy this series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment