Saturday, May 29, 2021

The Second Half of a Duet

There's something really wonderful about returning to a series that you loved.  While this is merely a duet and therefore I've only read one other book before this one, it still had that feeling of coming home that you get when you get to read the next book.  This duet was a romance and it had some elements of other genres as well.  I don't want to name some of the other tropes or genres so I don't give away anything too spoilerish, but suffice it to say that it's impossible to be bored when reading this book.  I'd go a step further and say, it's impossible to be bored when reading any book by this author, but then I've made no secret as to how much I love Ms. Davis.  Each book in each genre that she's released has made me even more of a fan.  This duet really showed some creativity and imagination.  I haven't read a story quite like this one before.  Most readers have a list of books that they store away in their brain for when someone asks for a book recommendation.  I have a list of authors and Siobhan Davis is right at the top!  (Along with Colleen Hoover, Sarah Dessen, and Jay McLean, in case you were wondering.)  The following is my review for the second book in the All of Me duet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let Me Love You by Siobhan Davis

 There are honestly no words to describe all the emotions this book made me feel.  It's so amazing to me the talent this author has for wrenching the most glorious of feelings in addition to the most heartbreaking in one spectacular novel.  It's rare for me to read a book that entrances me in the way that the novels of Ms. Davis do.  I get so invested that I begin to care for the characters as if they were my real friends and family.


It was amazing to me, that by the end of this book, I felt some sympathy for characters I never thought I would.  There is so much going on in each person's life and we never truly know all of it.  Everyone has secrets and this book enabled me to remember how we must think about that before judging people.  


What struck me the most, however, was the romance.  The human heart has so much capacity to love.  We don't lose the ability to love someone simply because we love or have loved someone else.  I think this story does an excellent job of proving that.  The characters in this book love, and love deeply and it's obvious in their interactions with each other.


If you enjoy an angsty romance, some surprising twists, and a HEA that will have you swooning...this is the book/duet for you!  You simply can't go wrong with a Siobhan Davis book!

No comments:

Post a Comment