Saturday, May 29, 2021

Return to Royalty

I went back to the American Royals series this past week when my audio hold from Libby came in!  I was so disappointed to have to wait after I finished the first book, so when I got that notification, I was right on it!  I like this book so much, the whole duet actually.  As you'll see from my review, I would love for the author to write more here!  I really think the feminine leader story line was important in today's society.  I also liked the nod to racial issues that we still face today.  I think it's wonderful that more authors are including story lines like this into their work.  I hope it continues to help open minds, eyes, and hearts.  The following is my review...

***************

Majesty by Katharine McGee

 I truly enjoyed this book.  Actually, after finishing the first book in this duet, I was impatient to get my hands on book two and begin reading.  Unfortunately, there was a waiting list on Libby.  When I finally did get to listen to the sequel, I found myself enjoying it even more than the first book.


I love the alternate historical information... such as Hamilton being a Duke or a Lord (I honestly can't remember, I just found it amusing.)  I also love how the characters make you truly see how different our country might be had things gone this way instead of our current democracy.


The thing that stuck out the most to me in this book, is the positive messages involving female empowerment and changing things and systems you know to be morally wrong.  I loved seeing the strength in Bea's character and how she grew over the course of the book.  And I LOVED that it was her sister who finally gave her that push to make a difference.


This is one of those books that just sucks you in.  It read kind of like a Royal soap opera, but in the best possible way.  I hope the author decides to return to this world at some point in the future, as I'd love to see where some of the other characters end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment