Saturday, May 29, 2021

Bridgerton Hype

I have to admit to being sucked into the hype!  These are good and well written books and the stories are entrancing.  I have seen some very negative reviews, however.  I wonder what it is that people don't like.  In any case, I do like them.  I also enjoyed the show, now that I've watched it.  I can see why people are raving about it and demanding more.  I do think, though, that Julie and the Phantoms deserves a 2nd season just as much, if not more than Bridgerton!  Just my opinion!  The following is my review...

^^^^^^^^^^^^

To Sir Phillip, With Love by Julia Quinn

 Ever since finishing book 4 in this series, I couldn't wait to see what was going on with Eloise!  This book did not disappoint.  The very idea of starting a relationship in the manner which Eloise and Sir Phillip did is SO romantic and I found it to be very endearing.  


One thing I really love about this series, is seeing the previous couples return in the other stories.  I like to see how they've grown or what they are getting up to.  I also adore how close the Bridgerton family is and how they are always there for each other.  It's a very nice thing to see and read about.


I have to admit to finally seeing the Bridgerton show on Netflix and I like how much is similar, but I wonder about some of the things that seem to have come from this book, but are quite different in the show.  I'm very curious to see how that plays out if the show lasts through all of the books.


I was impressed with how the issue of anger and abuse was handled in the story.  It's something that's very close to my heart and my past and I am always pleased when an author addresses the situation in a way that is realistic and informative.  I feel like if anyone reading this doubts their ability to control their anger, they would maybe see some things in this story that would help them with that.


I'm very glad that the hype around the show forced me to read these books!  On to book six!

No comments:

Post a Comment