Friday, April 30, 2021

Another trip to Milestone

I love a series that is intertwined but can also be read as stand alones.  Like, I'm going to read them all and probably in the order they were published in, but I still like that there's that option for those who might not love series as much as I do.  The Milestone Mischief is just that kind of series.  Each book is it's own HEA story with it's own central couple, but the outer-lying characters all end up in each other's stories as well.  This is especially nice if you pick up a book or maybe get a freebie or something and you don't realize it's a series, you can still go back and read the rest and you won't have been spoiled too much.  In this fifth book, not only did I get the story I had been wanting since book 2, but I also got to see all those happy successful couples from books 1 through 4!  The following is my review.

*****

Snubbing My Billionaire Boss by Piper James

I loved returning to Milestone and seeing what was going on with these lovely characters.  I had been eager to read about Felicia since she moved away because I had a sneaking suspicion as to the reason for her sudden departure.


After reading about these characters for five books now, you come to feel as if you know them and it's such excitement when you see them in the pages of the next story.  Since this book was about Marshall, obviously we see some of Max and Karly, but we also see all the rest of the previous characters at one point or another.  It really makes the reader get a sense of returning home or to a place they hold dear and seeing old friends and family.


I love the heat we get between the characters and the spicy scenes when they allow themselves to give in to their attractions.  And it's so great to watch the back and forth, the obstacles in their way and to see them be able to work things out in the end, because yes, this is a HEA ending!


I'm not sure if Ms. James intends to continue writing in this world she's created, but I'd devour every word if she did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment