Sunday, April 25, 2021

Not for Everyone


Reading is so subjective.  What is good to one person might not be good to the next.  Certain genres may even seem perplexing to you if it's not something you are personally into.  The one thing I try to NOT do is judge.  I will not make you read something just because I liked it, and I will not judge you if you read something that I may not like.  For example, I personally can not read a trope where there is a stepsibling romance.  It's a no go for me, but that doesn't mean others might not like it and to them I say, read on.  Or like this book, some people have issues with bully romance, some have issues with reverse harem romance, this book is both and I like them both.  My point is, read what you enjoy and let others do the same and we'll all be a more harmonious community!
***
Bound by Ruby Vincent
I am so sucked into this world that Ruby Vincent has created. I'm dying to get some answers as to why the school works like it does and who is behind it all. In this volume there is some blackmail going on and I just wanted to weep for Val and some of the things she felt forced to do. The story really makes you think about how far you'd be willing to go to protect certain secrets.


I love how some of the relationships progress in this book, too. I can see some of the characters maturing and I see their relationships getting stronger. I especially like seeing how different Ryder is.

I'm finding it hard to review without spoiling things, so suffice it to say that this book was not as fast paced as the first two, but was just as good. If you've begun the series, you're going to want to continue. If you haven't started the series but enjoy a dark bully romance or a good reverse harem romance, you should definitely give it a go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment