Thursday, April 15, 2021

What it wouldn't be, it would!

Once again, I've finished an Audio Book.  I'm truly loving the ability to get some reading in while I do other things that us adults must do from time to time.  You know, things like Laundry, Dishes, Raising the kids... little things!  lol  But Seriously, if you have a good narrator, an audio book can just be the best thing for our busy lives.  This time I read a fairy tale retelling of sorts.  My review is following...

***

Splintered by A.G. Howard

I checked this book out with Libby and listened to the audio book.  One thing, right off the bat, this could be a stand alone.  You're not going to be left at the end hating life because you don't have book two.  That being said, I still want to read book two very badly.


Imagine a world in which, Lewis Carrol heard all about Wonderland from the real Alice.  Now, imagine that each of her descendants are cursed.  That's kind of what this book is, and yet not really!  In the true style of Wonderland, what you thought it was, it wasn't.  In any case, following Alyssa through her travels with a unwell mother, a neighbor she'd like to be something more, and a childhood friend she thought was a dream, you will be nothing less than enthralled with every turn of the page.  There are adventures and deception and even romance... including a bit of a triangle.  I just could not stop listening!


At the end of the book, there is a sense of resolution and completion, which is why I said at the beginning that the anxiety that normally attacks at the end of a book one, is not quite as strong with this one.  But knowing there are more is a gift.  I can't wait to get back into the world of Splintered! 

No comments:

Post a Comment