Sunday, April 11, 2021

Back in Milestone!

 

I love series that can also be read as a stand alone, and that is what Piper James has created in the world of Milestone.  I happily admit that I also have to read every single one and I must read them in order, just like I would a series, but I do love the sense of completion one feels at the end of each book.  I've enjoyed my time in Milestone with these lovable characters and since I happen to follow the author on TikTok, I also know that she's a lovely person with a kind and generous soul.  It's always gratifying to know you're reading the work of someone who is down to earth and not that different from yourself.  That being said, the following is my review of book 4 in the Milestone Mischief series.

****

Wanting My Brother's Best Friend by Piper James

Back in the world of Milestone and I couldn't be happier.  I'm loving this town and these characters more with each volume.  


I've been having a little feeling about Lola since she was first introduced, but especially in Nate and Ivy's book I thought I could see where her story might take us.  Lucky for me, brother's best friend is one of my favorite tropes, so I'm all for it.  Dane works in Nates shop and when Lola comes home from college to work there too, the sparks fly.  Afraid of reactions the two keep things a secret and you can imagine how well that works out for them.  


I love that the characters of this series just become so real to the reader.  It's like we've all made friends with the people of Milestone and we want to see their relationships, jobs and other situations work out for them, the same we would a friend or loved one.  I also love that with each new story about a new couple we read, we get updates on the previous couples and how their lives are going.  It's nice to be reading about Dane and Lola, but also see that Rafe and Jessa are still doing well, and how Nate and Ivy are progressing.  Even Karly and Max get cameos in this story.


At the end, we do get a happily ever after, as well as a little teaser as to what might come next when we get Felicity's story!  

No comments:

Post a Comment